Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's a Small World Afterall

One of the perks of being a bum, or the very definition of "bumdom/bumhood" is all the free time in the world. TheLadiesChoice decided to make better use of this precious commodity by creating a yahoogroup for fellow MBA students (from my country) about to leave abroad. After all the introductions were made, it turned out that a lot of us were all fairly connected somehow. A disproportionate number of us were former eagles who used to nest UpOnTheHill with nary a representative from those green bowmen bastards, haha!

As is customary in the PearloftheOrient, we all agreed to meet and greet one another at a local watering hole. I couldn't seem to explain it, but there was really a very strong ( a bit nervous) vibe in the group. I haven't been to a livelier soiree in years. Then it hit me (along with that 5th glass of long island iced tea...but more on that later). These people got along so well together, and were so willing, no desperate, to reach out to each other because finally we've found other human beings in the same boat. These other MBA students felt the same excitement, nervousness, hope and anxiety of leaving the mother land as I did. We could talk. We could connect. We could understand.

My only regret was that I got plastered a bit too soon. For some reason, I got from tipsy to drunk in record time. TheLadiesChoice was hammered enough to sincerely insist the HBS guys pay for the bill! I was telling the MIT guys that we'll all get lonely together or some crap like that. I'm sure my "party" school in Chicago would have been proud of me. Good times all around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fun all around. I couldn't believe you were so drunk so early, fool. =)

Bubbly said...

USA right? do not woryr nobody is perfect.....

http://zanat0s.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

mainland cached totaled synthesized approximates server completeness broadcast delegations zeal clerics
lolikneri havaqatsu