Thursday, March 29, 2007

This is where the story begins

This is my first posting. I never thought I'd be one to write blogs, but I've decided to give it a go.
So here I am, one week after I've officially quit my job. I have roughly four months until the start of b-school. Four months to do everything I've always wanted to but never found the time to do so. But I've found myself to be merely doing small errands, tying up loose ends. More than anything I think I'm relishing the fact that I have the OPTION of doing whatever I want. Choosing whether or not to exercise the option is a different thing entirely.

The thing is, having gotten accepted to b-school has been a truly big load off my back. I'm actually a re-applicant, so I have been at this whole GMAT, Essays, Recommendations brouhaha for a good 2 1/2 years already. The relief, jubilation and peace of mind stemming from the first acceptance letter was truly life-changing.

This blog will be about this endless summer of 2007 and hopefully until the end of my 2 year stay at business school. From time to time I may look back and reflect on what I have learned from the whole application process, but I'm more concerned now with enjoying the present and looking beyond to the future.

As one of my closest friends said: this is the summer of 007:license to chill.

2 comments:

asiangal said...

Welcome! I'm resigning in a few months myself. If you're a guy though, why a photo of Marcie? (Although she is admittedly a little bit androgynous).

TheLC said...

Hahah, that's because I "heart" Charlie Brown...