Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Art of Jabbing


Came home at 3am last night driving in autopilot (read: over and beyond the legal alcohol limit) with a happy smile.

Had a few Scotch sevens with TheMonster, my closest buddy in my previous company (ThePlaceToBe). Since I only resigned a few weeks ago, we talked about the latest office gossip but mostly it was the sort of good conversation that comes from the judicious consumption of alcohol. All about life and love. Truth serum indeed.

Then I was off to an impromptu party of my previous-previous company (TheGoodLife). News spread pretty fast about my b-school acceptance and I must admit that I was more than a little flattered with the attention and the congratulatory remarks. I was so happy that I rather quickly went from downright flattered to downright plastered.

Spent the bulk of the night talking and jabbing. Jabbing is the subtle art of conducting exploratory dialogue with members of the opposite sex whom one finds rather attractive. We all know the drill. You jab a little, she jabs a little. You both try dancing over, under and through the witty banter to find out if the attraction is mutual. Jabbing and jabbing to bait the opposite party to finally punch back and fight. Everyone's a fighter, but every fighter needs a good jab.

Let's just say TheLadiesChoice had fun trying to be a lady's choice night. Good job. Good jab.

PS. Thanks to AsianGal, Boywonder and Bancaku for leaving comments on the site. Click the links and visit their highly entertaining blogs.